TETRA (Terrestrial Trunked Radio) is one of the most reliable, robust and secure network platforms in the world. Having been specifically designed for emergency services, government agencies including the military and public safety networks including rail transportation, TETRA is well proven for mission critical communications applications.
MCS Digital is an experienced integrator of TETRA technologies including the design, installation, implementation and ongoing management of infrastructure and radio equipment within mission critical and hazardous environments.
Our TETRA experience includes:
Design, installation, implementation and provision of a fully Managed Service for a two-site trunked TETRA network including over 500 IEC Ex handsets at a major hazard facility for Viva Energy Refining.
Design, installation, implementation and ongoing support of a TETRA network including over 250 IEC Ex handsets at a major hazard facility for Thales Mulwala (Australian Munitions).
Involved in the transition from the original EDACS network installed by MCS Digital across three sites for Rio Tinto (now Pacific Aluminium Group) to a TETRA network which includes 2,500 modified TETRA handsets. MCS Digital provides ongoing support and provision of these radios.
TETRA Key Features
- Four slot TDMA in 25 kHz channels achieving 6.25 kHz equivalence
- Available in 400 MHz and 800 MHz bands
- Simultaneous voice and data
- Full duplex calling
- Man down and lone worker functionality
- Short Data Message (SDM) and packet data services (up to 28.8 Kbps)
- High level security encryption available
- Off-the-shelf solutions optimised for AVL, telemetry and transportation
- IECEx/ATEX certified terminals providing intrinsically safe options
- Availability of a range of accessories designed to suit hazardous environments
MCS Digital offers a range of TETRA solutions from manufacturers including: